DGC CAPITAL EXPANDS DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION INITIATIVES IN 2021
Mt Vernon, NY – February 16, 2021 – DGC Capital Contracting Corporation (DGC), a leading retail and commercial general contractor in the Tri-state area, is pleased to announce the expansion of its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives through additional supplier diversity, recruitment, and job training advancement programs in 2021.
For over 30 years, DGC has led the commercial construction industry in its commitment to diversity by fostering an environment that is discrimination-free and inclusive to all. As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) firm, 41 percent of DGC’s current workforce are either women, African American, Asian or Hispanic.
“We take great pride in our diversity initiatives and understand the importance and value of having an inclusive workplace,” said Gerry Ryan, CEO & President, DGC Capital. “I believe corporations like ours have a responsibility, to our employees, the partners we work with, and the communities we serve, to ensure diversity is not an afterthought, but rather aforethought. Doing so creates economic opportunities, inspires creativity and innovation, and provides employees with opportunities to learn and grow within an organization.”
Ryan added, “We currently have 80 diverse subcontractors and suppliers that we work with regularly and are dedicated to expanding our list of subcontractors by 20 percent in 2021 as part of our ongoing commitment to diversifying our subcontractors and employee pool.”
DGC’s DEI workforce initiatives include:
- Employee Recruitment & Training for Advancement – Our recruitment process includes community outreach, appointed skilled union workers, employee referral programs, and online job postings.
- Workforce Diversity – We engage in an aggressive outreach that provides equal opportunities to employees, Minority & Women Business Enterprises (MWBE), subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and field staff. We also require that our subcontractors utilize diverse labor and suppliers on all our projects.
- Subcontractor Diversity – We regularly hire diverse-owned contractors and continually seek new diversified contractors. For example, when searching for diverse subcontractors, we utilize the New York State Contract System, New York City Small Business Services, and Port Authority of NYNJ MWBE/DBE directories.
- Broadening Skills and Knowledge – We are fully committed to the development and broadening of industry skills and knowledge for future construction employees. We also collaborate with the North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters by obtaining staff through their Sisters in the Brotherhood program and Pathways 2 Apprenticeship program, which offers apprentices for women and people from low-income communities.
- Industry Outreach – We work with organizations to increase outreach efforts and meet required WMBE percentage goals while ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) requirements.
About DGC Capital Contracting Corporation
For over 30 years, DGC has been a leading retail and commercial GC powerhouse, serving the Tri-State region. The firm works with the top minds, people, and partners who are proven and passionate about designing, building, and managing the best projects on time and within budget – every time. In short, DGC never settles for mediocracy, lives by its values, and leads by example. As a result, the company continues to set the standard in the industry and deliver best practices in pre-construction, general contracting, and sub-contracting services. To learn more, visit www.dgccapital.com.
Fastlane on behalf of DGC